I'd like to invite you to attend a wine tasting at Cafe Hidalgo, 305 N. Harbor Blvd., Fullerton, CA 92832 (Southwest corner of Harbor Blvd. and Chapman Ave.) on March 17th! The tasting starts at 6 PM and the cost is $15.00 for the flight along with assorted cheeses, crackers, and fruit. They usually have a wine tasting there every Wednesday and this time I stepped up to present some of my wines!
I'll be presenting our Morey Cellars wines as well as a selection of Italian wines. We acquired the Italian wines in quantity from a failed importer in Napa, at prices too good to pass up. Come and celebrate with us on this St. Patrick's day and buy some bargains! There won't be any green wine, but I'm a quarter Irish and a fun time is guaranteed!
The following wines will be at the tasting:
- Terre Magre non-vintage Raboso Frizzante Martellozzo, a delicious bubbly Rosť from Venice!
- Morey Cellars 2007 Sauvignon Blanc, from the Oak Knoll District, Napa Valley
- Odoardi 2003 Savuto D.O.C., a Gaglioppo, Greco Nero, Nerello Cappuccio, etc, blend from Calabria
- Tenuta Casadei 2005 Armonia, a great Sangiovese, Alicante, Syrah blend from Tuscany
- Castello di Montespertolli D.O.C.G. 2003, a Sangiovese, Canaiolo, Cabernet blend from Tuscany
- Morey Cellars 2002 Cabernet Sauvignon, from the Oak Knoll District, Napa Valley
About Morey Cellars
This is a small virtual winery my brother Robert and I started in 2000 in Napa. Robert started making wine in San Francisco in 1991, then moved to Napa where he made wine in his garage with friends using very good grapes from well-known vineyards (he makes friends fast.) After winning Gold and Best of Show prizes at county fairs he decided to start making wine commercially. Our first official release was a Cabernet Sauvignon with grapes from a vineyard on the Silverado Trail in Napa Valley in 2000. This delicious wine sold well and we've been at it since. The 2002 Cabernet is officially sold out but I have 3 cases in my wine cellar and I want to share this treat!
About the Italian wines
These are a sampling of the many wines we purchased from an importer with very good taste. It was difficult to choose which to bring to this tasting as they are all great and from good, and sometimes very small (like Morey Cellars,) producers. These wines, I think, will be a fine and very pleasant introduction to the unusual varietals and flavors of Italian wines. I would drink these all by myself but since I can't, please help!
See you there!